- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
So there was this guy called Pat MaCartner, who was in Battles, I think. No wait-Paul McCartney, and the Beatles. They did alright in the 60's, and played the Cavern a few times. So he took this bass, which was launched in 1956, and made it one of the most iconic, sought-after instruments of the modern age, which was quite an achievement for a leftie. This bass speaks to all of that, specced right up to deliver that legendary sound to the modern player. With a spruce top and flame maple back and sides, this is a serious piece of kit, and the 3 piece flame maple/beech/flame maple neck retains that glorious 'fast vintage' feel. For those of you who don't know, this is a short scale bass, its 22 frets and 30" scale making for wide-ranging, extremely comfortable conduct of all sorts. The pickups, like the bass, are made in Germany, very seriously, and the tone will never disappoint you. Coming with its own rather beautiful hard case, the Hofner 500/1 '61 Cavern bass is available at Wunjos with a 3 year servicing and setups warranty as standard...
|Pickup(s)||Hofner Staple Nickel|
|Controls||Hofner Pearl Panel : 2 Volume controls / 3 Switches for Treble, Bass and Rythm/Solo|
|Bridge Material||Hofner Trapeze Nickel|
|Product Type||Hofner Germany|
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £200 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.