- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
The Hofner that isn't the Violin, this Hofner Club 500/2 Bass is the other shape made famous by the supremely able Germans. While the Violin gets all the glory because Macca, this understated magician is out doing the heavy lifting, its single-cut shape providing serious whump for a huge number of players. While many modern Hofners have been built in the far East, the 500/2 has been made by hand in Germany, centering around a body and top made of flame Maple. Hollow inside, the Club has a 3-piece neck made from flame Maple and Beech - no boring woods here - and sports a zero fret in addition to a set of wonderfully refined open-gear tuners. The bound Rosewood fingerboard is furnished with pearloid dot inlays and the whole instrument is replete with immaculate binding. The wooden bridge, a traditional feature of this bass, gives an genuine earthiness to the proceedings, and although this example is strung with flatwounds for ultra-thuddiness, plonking on a set of rounds would give you one seriously present bass with little weight but much character, so can you lose here? No. A magnificent instrument free from the Merseyside expectations of its famous sibling, this is simply a very high-quality, elegant bass that will go further than you could possibly dream. Protected by a three year warranty with our 500 techs, this Hofner Club 500/2 Bass is available at Wunjos with a hard case and three-year warranty as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
|Pickup||Hofner Staple Nickel/Diamond Nickel|
|Controls||Hofner Pearl Panel : 2 Volume controls / 3 Switches for Treble, Bass and Rythm/Solo|
|Bridge L||Ebony Hofner Fretted Bridge|
|Type L||Electric Bass|
• FINANCE: Finance will be available in store from August 20th 2018. We are also in the process of implementing this here on the website. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on how to buy with finance.
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.