- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Based on a vintage Neve preamp, this used JHS Colour Box is a perfect solution for your home recording woes. Built to the usual, exacting JHS standards, the pedal company that brought you the Pink Panther, Angry Charlie and Sweet Tea bring you this preamp based on the desk used for the Beatles 'Revolution'. Of course, this being JHS, they've loaded the box with studio grade circuitry and a Lundahl transformer, all bolstered by serious science. So, the Colour Box features three sections, each with their own Master, Pre-Vol and Step controls. Pre-vol acts as a drive control, and in conjunction with the Step switch, which essentially changes the headroom available in order to generate different levels of breakup, you can get battering vintage overdrive or even into to fuzz territory. There's inputs for both 1.4" and XLR so you can plug anything you like into this thing - it's not just for guitars. Running primarily off 18V negative tip power, the Colour Box has both 1/4" and XLR outputs, as well as a switch for a -20dB pad. With the three sections (Gain, EQ and Hi-Pass) packing in plenty of versatility, this is a banging piece of gear for home studio use, or for use on stage if you're wanting something extra special as your drive unit.
The Colour Box V2 has all the same functionality of the V1 with many new and improved additions like expanded EQ controls, a Hi/Lo switch for massive clean headroom, and the ability to pass phantom power to your condenser mics.
The most significant improvements are:
Addittion of an Output transformer
Safely Passes 48v Phantom Power
EQ Shift Knobs for precision EQ control
Hi/Lo Switch for ultra clean headroom
100% available clean signal even on acoustic guitar
Silent switching, aka no "switch-pop"
Runs on standard 9V DC Neg power
|Product Type||Pre-amp pedal|
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £200 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the UK. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.