- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
The Crush Bass 50 compact combo, inspired by Orange’s flagship AD200 and OB1 bass amplifiers, perfectly blends some of the most defining elements of each. It has the essentials of a recording amp and delivers warm, clean bass tones, vintage growl with fat low end and blendable overdrive.
Like the rest of the Crush Bass range, this 50 Watt model delivers bold and punchy lows courtesy of its analogue circuitry and ported cabinet. The extremely flexible active EQ section includes a sweepable parametric mid band, allowing players to shape their signature sound without limitations. For even more versatility, the interactive Gain and Blend controls are primed for creating enormous ‘bi-amped’-style tones with ease, adding extra harmonics and variable levels of grit to the core bass tone. They can also be switched in remotely using the optional footswitch. Other handy features include a buffered effects loop, integrated tuner, aux. input and a headphone output with our Cabsim circuitry.
The Crush Bass 50 features an EQ circuit inspired by our prestigious 4 Stroke Series amplifiers. At its centre is a parametric mid band. This presents players with a much greater degree of control over the sound than a traditional EQ, allowing them to vary the frequencies they want hear. The mid band covers a wide range, sweeping from 300Hz (fully counter-clockwise) to 2.7kHz (fully clockwise), meaning this amp can be fine tuned to suit any musical style. The active circuitry allows for up to 15dB of boost or cut on the bass and middle frequencies, and up to 20dB on the treble side.
Lifted straight from our popular OB1 Series amps, the Blend and Gain controls are a nod to the many bass players who experiment with guitar and bass amps simultaneously. In this ‘bi-amped’ setup, layers of harmonics and distortion from the guitar amp are blended with the core bass tone to create the ultimate full-range live sound. The Crush Bass 50’s Gain and Blend controls create the same effect in a single package, adding extra bite and crispness to the tone at lower gain settings, right up to all-out filth with the dials cranked. These controls can also be engaged remotely with the optional FS-1 footswitch, ideal for fattening your tone on the fly.
The Crush Bass series delivers fat, rounded sound thanks to an all analogue signal path. The Crush Bass 50 houses a 12” speaker with a reflex port for improved low-end response. The buffered effects loop has been engineered for maximum transparency, ensuring your pedal arsenal will perform to its peak.
The headphone output features our Cabsim circuitry which emulates the response of Orange's stage-ready OBC bass speaker cabinets during silent practice. This signal can also be sent to a console for seriously authentic direct recording. The Aux. Input allows for connecting external audio sources for backing tracks whilst the handy onboard tuner makes for quick tune-ups between jams.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £200 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.