- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Sit down and marvel at this vintage 1959 Gibson ES-175. A guitar that takes its scotch with 3 ice cubes at the Heartbreak Hotel, the ES-175 originally debuted in 1949 and was the first Gibbo to feature a Florentine cutaway, it found much favour in its different incarnations with the likes of Herb Ellis, Steve Howe, and was the basis for the mind-bending Scotty Moore ES-295. This one comes from an exciting period, in that the model had only begun to be fitted with full humbuckers in ‘57, a trend that continues to the present day, and a bit of departure from the original, solitary single-coil model that began its journey. Built around a 3” deep body, the laminate top is Maple/Poplar/Maple in construction, with Mahogany back and sides pairing to a Mahogany neck, which is topped with a bound Rosewood fingerboard. Inlaid with brilliantly-aged parallelograms, this guitar has some of the most handsome checking you’ve seen in years, with the headstock aging like the gruff gentleman that it is. The originals tuners have been replaced with a set of appropriately-buttoned Grover Deluxe units, though the rest of the guitar remains original. That includes those full-fat potent humbuckers, wired through two pairs of independent Volume and Tone controls and a three-way toggle in the classic Gibson style. To say this is a find isn’t really going far enough, so come to Wunjo Electric and indulge in this formidable instrument immediately! Protected by a three-year warranty with our ‘50s techs, this 1959 Gibson ES-175 is available at Wunjos with a hard case as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance will soon be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.