- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Favoured by the likes of Gene Simmons, Suzi Quatro and Louis Johnson, this vintage 1978 Gibson Grabber G-3 is the very definition of a cult instrument. The very first of these basses surfaced in 1975, and according to the internet as a companion bass to the original sliding-pickup Grabber that originated in ‘73. The first Gibson bass to feature a bolt-on neck and a scarf joint, the G-3 was unusual for other reasons too, not the least of which being the pickup combination. Known as the ‘buck-and-a-half’, the three Bill Lawrence single coils were wired out of phase, and instead of however you thought this would work, the up position of the three-way toggle turns on the neck and middle pickups, the down position turns on the bridge and middle, and in the centre spot, all three pickups are on at full chat. Running a master Volume and Tone, this natural-finished masterpiece of out-of-the-box thinking has a Maple/Alder body, paired with a Maple neck and fingerboard. Strung with flats to give even more thud, it’s hardly surprising that this thing found favour with players like Brian Cook, John Entwistle and Mike Dirnt, and the fact that it has a Flying V headstock doesn’t hurt either. A genuinely desirable bass for the player who wants to plough their own furrow, these are thin on the ground, so grab it! Protected by a three-year warranty with our handy techs, this vintage 1978 Gibson Grabber G-3 is available at Wunjos with a hard case as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on how to buy with finance, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.