- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Did someone order a vintage 1960 National Map? You did? Well here it is, one of the most fabulous-looking instruments ever to stalk the earth. While these sorts of instruments have risen in profile in the last few years thanks to your Jack Whites and Dan Auerbachs, they were always incredibly cool, and this is a spanking example of the breed. These original Maps, made by Valco under National, were only built between 1958 and 1964, and have as groovy a construction as you could possibly wish for. Built around a Res-O-Glas body with a Rosewood fingerboard and operating over a 25.75” scale, the Map has fabulously quaint quarter-circle inlays and a zero fret, with lightweight tuners on its large headstock. For the uninitiated, this bass also keeps its true nature carefully hidden beneath the bridge - far from a single-pickup instrument, the ludicrously warm Valco neck single-coil is joined in the mix by a piezo pickup located in that plexiglass section next to the fantastically antiquated tailpiece. The controls are a master Volume and a blend for the piezo, so although this bass has one of the deepest sounds going - especially with the tapewound strings - it’s got enough subtle push at the top to get what you’re saying across clearly. With one of the most impossibly ‘60s neck fastenings ever, you’d be hard pushed not to develop real feelings for this white satin knight, and as they’re pretty thin on the ground, you should get in about it immediately! Protected by a three-year warranty with our short-scale techs, this vintage 1960 National Map Bass is available at Wunjos with a hard case as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance will soon be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.