- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
One of the very earliest from Leo’s house of tone, this vintage 1978 Fender Musicmaster is a sight to behold. Though the original model was birthed in 1956, it was in production right up to 1982, developing its own cult following and becoming deeply loved by those who played it. While some of you might think ‘that looks like a stripped-down Mustang’, the Mustang is a fancy Musicmaster, and this guitar, which was originally introduced for the student market, was a different beast. Available as both a 22.5” scale 21-fret neck and the 24” scale, 22-fret model pictured here, it’s a fabulous-feeling thing, with a Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard and Ash body. The giant headstock so favoured towards the end of the ‘60s and deeply into the ‘70s remains very much in effect here, giving this diminutive instrument a slightly other-wordly appearance. It’s seen some changes, like the paint, but the original hardware is all there: at the body end you’ll find a neck single coil and 3-saddle back-mounted bridge, with the whole shebang controlled by a master Volume and Tone. An oddly good guitar for jazz, the Musicmaster possesses a character that’s all it’s own, even within the Fender range. Not as spiky as the Mustang or as keen as the Bronco, its genteel charm will make you fall head over heels for it, until nothing else will do. Magic! Protected by a three-year warranty with our masterful techs, this 1978 Fender Musicmaster is available at Wunjos with a gig bag as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on how to buy with finance, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.