- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
One of the grooviest instruments we’ve had through the shop, this vintage 1950’s Selmer Novelectric is a pretty slinky number by anyone’s measure. Selmer have made a lot of things over the years, from Macaferri guitars to saxophones and amps, but they had a pretty healthy reputation when it came to lap steels, producing a fair few units of these seat-orientated instruments. This wedge-shaped golden number was fairly typical of the time, a triangular unit with an oddly beguiling charm. Built around that mad solid-wood body (according to the original catalogue), the Novelectric is finished in ‘lustre gold’ with a black fingerboard. It also states ‘individual volume adjustment for each string’ despite offering a master Volume and Tone control, but as the single-coil pickup has staggered poles, this may be what they’re referring to. Guitar nomenclature was quite different in the 1950’s, hence the original ad also referring to an ‘amplifier lead and plug’, which is rather charming. A very, very cool bit of gear indeed, it’ll give you as genuine a sound as you could wish for, so come and have a seat with this golden triangle and see what you think! Protected by a three-year warranty with our gleaming techs, this vintage 1950’s Selmer Novelectric is available at Wunjos with a hard case as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on how to buy with finance, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.