- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Painfully, agonisingly beautiful, this vintage 1923 Martin O-28K has elected to grace our wee shop with its presence. While Martin need no introduction, the story behind this tremendous guitar is an interesting one. Introduced in 1917, this model is an important milestone in Martin’s history, as prior to this their instruments had heavily favoured gut strings. However, the prevailing Hawaiian style of the time utilised a steel bar, which doesn’t work with gut strings in a big way, so a steel-string guitar was needed. This size O body was chosen as the vehicle for such an endeavour, and in order to make it work for as many players as possible, Martin gave it a bridge/saddle combination that ran perpendicular to the nut, with a choice of high or low nuts, so that it could be easily converted for slide. Only 641 of these solid Koa-bodied instruments were made, and it was in production until 1931. Trimmed with some fantastic herringbone work and sporting a slotted peghead, this is a very serious and committed instrument, with an impossible amount of character and legend woven into it. The fingerboard is a flat one too, without the gentle curve so common in other instruments. Rare, intriguing and extremely tasteful, this is a guitar that needs to be experienced, so do just that! Protected by a three-year warranty with our aloha-ing techs, this 1923 Martin O-28K is available at Wunjos with a hard case as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
• CHRISTMAS DELIVERIES. To guarantee you receive your order in time for Christmas, please make sure you have purchased your item by the end of the day WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 19th. Some items may need to be ordered from suppliers before forwarding on, and we cannot guarantee these will arrive on time. Pleae contact us by email or instant chat to check before you buy. INNER LONDON DELIVERY ADDRESSES: It may be possible to deliver smaller items up to Christmas eve, but again, please check with us first before you order. COLLECT IN STORE: We are open up to around 3pm on Christmas Eve, then closed until December 27th.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on how to buy with finance, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.