Unlike the movie it shares a name with, the Electro-Harmonix Oceans 12 expands and improves the formula of its predecessor. With 29 reverbs ranging from classic to unconventional, dual reverb engines for separate or simultaneous reverbs in series or parallel, and full stereo functionality, the Oceans 12 offers expansive reverbs with a high degree of control over the shape and character of those sounds.
With a name like Oceans 12, you'd expect there to be at least one more reverb sound than the Oceans 11. In fact, with an extra reverb type and multiple modes per type, the Oceans 12 packs in 29 distinct sounds! You don't just get 29 sounds in isolation either, with 2 reverb engines you can use them individually or combine two of them in series or parallel for richer and more complex sounds.
From traditional to experimental, the Oceans 12 has reverb to suit every style. On the more conventional end are the Room, Spring, Plate, Echo, and trem types which offer vintage sounds and can add subtle life to your tone. All the reverb types in the Oceans 12 have 2 or 3 modes which change the character of the reverb for a different sound.
Moving into more modern and experimental territory are the Mod, Reverse, Dyna, auto-Inf, Shimmer, and Polyphonic modes which are great for shoegaze and ethereal, ambient-sounding styles. These modes feature reverbs that can, fade in reverse, mix chorus and flange sounds, utilise experimental reverb algorithms, octave-shift, and pitch-shift. From these modes you can get wild, out-of-this-world sounds, taking you into less-familiar sonic territory.
New to the Oceans 12 is the Resonant reverb type which gets its character from tuneable resonators and has reverb tails affected by configurable self-oscillating filters.
Controls and Functionality
As the number of reverbs has increased, so has the control and functionality. The main feature here is the stereo functionality of the Oceans 12. With the I/O you can run the pedal in stereo, or as mono with a mono send/return (pre or post reverb optional). There's also an expression pedal/footswitch jack for further expanding the functionality of the pedal.
You still get the FX Level, Time, and Tone controls for shaping your core sound, but you also get a Pre-delay for adjusting the time between your dry sound and the reverb sound, a Lo-Fi control, and an INF Level for controlling infinite attenuation. With stereo functionality comes stereo controls with a Send Level control, and a Tide Control for adjusting the stereo imaging. In addition, there's a Tails button that allows you to switch between a hard cutoff or natural decay when you bypass the pedal.
ROOM – two modes: Lively room and spacious performance hall
SPRING – two modes: vintage 1962 Fender® 6G15 tube reverb emulation and the algorithm from the EHX Holy Grail pedal
PLATE – two modes: 60s and 70s studio-style metal plate reverbs
REVERSE – two modes: reverse-fade reverb and reversed echoes
ECHO – three modes: digital delay with various echo rhythms
TREM – three modes: volume envelope with different shapes
MOD – three modes: combinations of chorus and flange reverbs that create rich reverb tails
DYNA – three dynamic, experimental reverb algorithms: swell, gate and duck
AUTO-INF – three modes: auto-infinite reverb with optional chorus or flange (new reverb starts when a new note is struck)
SHIMMER – two modes: octave-shifted reverb wash
POLYPHONIC – two modes: configurable bi-directional pitch shifts
RESONANT – two modes: reverb from tun-able resonators with reverb tails affected by configurable self-oscillating filters
2 simultaneous, independent, stereo reverb engines
Series and parallel control for the dual reverbs
Stereo in/out or mono send/return with pre and post reverb options
Tide Control for stereo image alteration
Infinite attenuation control
Tap tempo to set your pre-delay time, echo time and more
Input jack for external expression and 3-button footswitch control
Equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply
• FINANCE: 0% Finance will soon be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.