- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Easily of the most talked-about, misunderstood pedals on the internet, the Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine makes you want to buy it without any idea of what it does. Luckily, Wunjos is here to explain, so stick with us! Described by Earthquaker themselves as a Polyphonic Pitch Mesmerizer, the Rainbow Machine is a DSP (digital signal processing) based chorus and pitch pedal, which can take your ordinary sound and turn it into something loosely familiar or completely unrecognisable. The Pitch control adds a harmony to your signal, so that at noon it’s a smashing chorus. Anti-clockwise goes up to a fourth below your note, clockwise is up to a third higher, but it isn’t stepped, so you can get microtonal unsettlingness happening. The Primary knob adjusts the volume of the wet signal (bendy sound) and the Tracking controls the delay (between your sound and the bendy sound). Tone lightens or darkens the output, making it easily the most normal knob here, while Secondary introduces an additional octave above or below the signal. This is all great, but you want to know about the Magic. On this redesigned version of the Rainbow Machine, the switches are both on/off and momentary latches, meaning that you can press them like you normally would to activate them, or hold them down for the weird stuff before releasing them again. The Magic knob does, in part, send the Primary and Secondary knobs back and forth into one another, which can result in all the crazy stuff you’ve seen online. However, this isn’t just for the maddening - the level of the Pitch knob dictates what direction the oscillations and extra stuff go in, so you can decide whether you want them to ascend or descend in pitch. The Tracking also affects this, so experiment! If you really want to go there, an expression pedal cal be used to control the Pitch separately, and it’s worth remembering that this pedal isn’t bound to the guitar. A truly exciting, truly inventive and true bypass pedal, you need to experience this in person, so please do just that! Protected by a years’ standard warranty with our zippy techs, the Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine is available at Wunjos right now. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance will soon be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.