- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Sold! Available to pre-order, please email or phone.
With a name like a rare fish this incredibly mature-looking instrument saunters forth from the relentlessly high quality Lowden workshop. Though it's no secret we're keen on George's immaculate guitars, occasionally they deliver something that commands everyone's attention, even if they've come in to moan about our lack of 8-strings. This particular Lowden is so potent because its back, sides and soundboard are made from fiddleback mahogany. What is fiddleback mahogany you ask? Well I'll tell you (he's going to tell us, he's going to tell us). Fiddleback is a classification of wood that denotes a figure pattern specific to luthiery. This means it's the heavy business for making guitars, especially high end acoustics like this. So that beautiful wood doesn't feel left out, Lowden have surrounded it with other lovely woods, like the 5-piece mahoganyosewood neck topped with an ebony fingerboard, or the rosewood//mahogany//maple purfling. Even the headstock is overlaid front and back with ebony, and the Gotoh 510 tuners keep everything in check perfectly all the way to the rosewood bridge. The S shape here does have a small body if you're used to dreadnoughts, but you'd need some dreadnought to match the power, balanced and delicacy in this glorious machine. A staggering example of wood and building, this Lowden S-35M Fiddleback is available at Wunjos with a 3 year warranty and flight case as standard.
|Tuners||Gotoh Gold/Ebony 510|
|Type L||Lowden S Series|
|Solid Top Lam||Fiddleback Mahogany|
|Back Side Material||Fiddleback Mahogany|
|Accessories||Hard Case Included|
• FINANCE: 0% Finance will soon be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.