- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
The Dreadnought: the design that introduced boutique lutherie. In the early 1970’s, it was the rare player who would consider any guitar smaller than a dreadnought. Stellar players were handicapped by the traditional D’s predominate bass and thin trebles. The strength of the typical dreadnought guitar is in its power and volume, which is achieved by the guitar’s large body size. The increased air space also gives the instrument a predisposition to the bass range, an asset to some playing styles and a detriment to others.
The Santa Cruz D Model has a unique tapered bracing, voiced to enhance the midrange and treble without compromising the bass volume. This voicing gives the D Model a more even balance and a greater versatility than traditionally braced dreadnoughts. The Santa Cruz Guitar Company Dreadnought Model was carefully conceived to accommodate the modern player’s need for sophisticated balance with more substance in midrange and treble. To deliver these qualities in the acceptable dreadnought-sized body required a very non-traditional approach, as compared to the factory offerings of the day. Using time honored lutherie skills, SCGC created a Trojan Horse – familiar on the outside, dangerous on the inside. SCGC’s innovative D Model remains a mainstay of artists who require acoustic volume without compromising the quality of higher frequencies.
Includes hard case and 3 years of warranty
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £200 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the UK. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.