- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Fast, light, and comfortable
The SG literally stands for Solid Guitar - and that's exactly what you get. It strays away from the weight of its predecessor the Les Paul, and with its thin taper neck, it’s a joy to fly around the fretboard. Because your hands always feel right, wherever they along the scale. With the bonus of no back strain thanks to a lightweight design, it’s perfect for throwing around the stage without the fatigue of normal guitars – feel a new sense of freedom in your playing.
The SG’s prestige is spread throughout rock. It’s influenced so many guitarists, used by bands from The Smiths to Fugazi to Wolfmother - and beyond. It showed the world immense versatility from a seemingly simple instrument, and has always had a unique sound that musicians gravitate towards. The SG Special was (and still is) seen in the hands of the greats from music history, including Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Pete Townshend (The Who), and Robby Krieger (The Doors). Put it in your own hands and understand why it is so revered, and with its modern enhancements, experience what the SG Special has become.
The epitome of P-90 tone
Created in the '50s and never bested, the P-90 and its unique sound and quality have persisted through the ages, becoming a staple with rock and punk bands. The dog-ear P-90s have a unique bark with rich upper-mid harmonics that will permeate any mix. Combined with the unique attack from the wraparound bridge, it's no wonder why they're a mainstay with guitarists.
This Gibson SG Special features two P-90s and a three-way toggle switch, which opens-up a plethora of voicings. From the fast attack of the bridge pickup mixed with the natural warmth that is exemplified from a P-90 in the neck, the SG Special won’t have trouble accommodating your sound
A finish that will always develop. The nitrocellulose lacquer on the SG Special ages with you. The more you play, the lacquer will give your SG a beautiful, worn-in look. Being able to see the history of your own experiences worn into the body is a gratifying experience. And although it's not the most important element of the guitar, it does make it uniquely personal to you.
Model Name: Gibson SG Special
Body Material: Mahogany
Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
Colour: Vintage Sparkling Burgundy
Neck Material: Mahogany
Profile: Slim Taper
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Inlays: Acrylic Dots
Nut: Graph Tech
Nut Width: 1.695 inches
Scale Length: 24.75 inches
End Board Width: 2.26"
Frets: Medium Jumbo
No. of Frets: 22
Switch Tip: Cream
Switch Washer: Black
No. of Frets: 22
Hardware & Electronics
Bridge: Compensated Wraparound
Tuners: Vintage Deluxe w/White Buttons
Pickguard: Black 5-ply
Knobs: Black Top Hats w/ Silver Reflector
Bridge Pickup: P-90 Dog Ear
Neck Pickup: P-90 Dog Ear
Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone & Toggle Switch w/Orange drop Capacitors
Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
Case: Hard Shell Case
Ships with a three year warranty!
• FINANCE: 0% Finance will soon be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.