- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
In case you’re unfamiliar with the guitar, this one is a vintage 1974 Gibson SG Standard. Pfft, you may be thinking, everyone knows that - remember, not everyone does, so a quick reminder for you, dear reader. Used by everyone from Clutch and Corrosion Of Conformity to Paul Weller and Badly Drawn Boy, the SG has a legacy as gloried and magical as its weighty sibling, the Les Paul, the guitar it was originally designed to replace. This all-original 1974 example differs in a number of ways from modern SG’s, with some smashing touches that hurl it back to the ‘70s. The massive volute on the back of the elongated headstock is there to strengthen the slender Mahogany neck - that neck is topped with a Rosewood fingerboard furnished with small-block inlays, and joins perfectly to the Mahogany body. SG’s of this period don’t have the symmetrical horns of the present day, which might put you in mind of this guitar’s distant cousin, the Guild S100. The two humbuckers are full-fat two-conductor jobs - no splitting here - wired through a tighter-than-the-modern-day independent Volume and Tone setup with a three-way toggle. A block bridge and stop tailpiece keeps you right when it comes to tuning and sustain, so you can string high and get riffing properly! Sadly this doesn’t come with flared jeans but it should, so you can get your best fuzz out and tear up the jam. Protected by a three-year warranty with our slender techs, this vintage 1974 Gibson SG Standard is available at Wunjos with a hard case as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on how to buy with finance, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.