- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
This vintage 1980 Fender The Strat is a curious, engaging offering from The Fender. Following the giant-headstock era of the ‘70s and with the Japanese fully involved in the electric guitar game, The Big F decided it was worth getting with the times, and appointed their guitars accordingly. Of course, a Strat is a Strat, and prior to the multitude of modern incarnations currently floating around the globe, The Fender didn’t want to mess too much with the formula, resulting in a guitar with some interesting details. Built around an Alder body, The Strat is furnished with a lot of brass, which gives it a distinctive, aggressive quality and large extra blob of sustain. The Bridge and The Block are brass. So are The Knobs, The Trem Arm Tip and The Jack Socket, although The Nut is plastic and The Tuners remain in the ‘70s style. The Neck is Maple and topped with a Rosewood fingerboard, and the eagle-eyed amongst you will have spotted that The Headstock is a different shape from everything else that The Fender made. Shaved down slightly to give a faster, more modern look, The Logo is still a Spaghetti, but as this decade would see the birth of guitars like The Performer and The Katana, it’s interesting to see the lines of those pointier models creeping into place. In the engine room there’s a trio of The Single Coils wired through The Master Volume, and The Two Tones are present and correct. This guitar has a personality all its own not only within The Fender pantheon but in The History of the Strat itself, so come on down and check it out! Protected by a three-year warranty with The Techs, this vintage 1980 Fender The Strat is available at The Wunjos with a hard case as standard. Please email via The Form below for more information and availability.
• FINANCE: 0% Finance is be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on how to buy with finance, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.