- Total £229.00
Please fill out the form below to ask us any questions.
Spalted you say? Yes indeed - this Snail UKC-490E is a spiffy example of what you get when you spalt. If you’ve never spalted before, make sure you ask a trusted friend or family member if spalting is right for you. Once you’ve decided that it is, this is the uke you need. Concert-sized and beautifully made, the 490E is built with a spalted Maple top, back and sides, surrounded by immaculate marquetry binding. The neck is made from Mahogany and topped with an Ebony fingerboard, but Snail aren’t finished there. At the headstock end you’ll find a Bone nut, and at the body end there’s a Bone saddle mounted into the Ebony bridge. Strung with Aquila Nylguts, a nylon re-imagining of the old gut strings, you’ll be blown away by the projection, depth and maybe even the magic of this wonderful piece, but don’t take our word for it. Come on down and check it out, and we’ll give you the facts! Protected by a three year warranty with our crawling techs, this Snail UKC-490E is available at Wunjos with a gig bag as standard. Please email via the form below for more information and availability.
|Soundboard Material||Spalted Maple|
|Back/Sides Material||Spalted Maple|
• FINANCE: 0% Finance will soon be available in store and online. Please contact us via live chat, email or phone for more info on finance at Wunjo, or click this link: 0% Finance Info
• Standard Delivery is 1 to 2 working days for all orders placed before 3pm (where 'In Stock. Next Day Delivery...' message is displayed). Delivery is free on all orders over £99 (UK only).
• Where delivery message reads 'Available from Supplier..." this means the item is not in stock with us but can be ordered and delivered to you within the stated time frame.
• We offer a premium delivery service guaranteed before 12pm the next working day. We can sometimes offer a Saturday delivery service.
• You have the option to 'Click and Collect' from our Denmark Street shops. Please select at checkout when prompted. We do not charge for storage up to 45 days after purchase. (**GIFT VOUCHERS, please always select this option when purchasing gift vouchers, we'll send you the voucher as a PDF by email).
• We use DPD, DHL and UPS for shipping the vast majority of our larger items (guitars, keyboards, etc), and the Royal Mail for smaller items (accessories, effects pedals, smaller instruments and synths).
• For customers with inner London postcodes, we can sometimes offer a same-day delivery service with BRISQQ. Please email for further information.
• International Shipping: We ship worldwide. We use UPS for shipping all items to the EU and the rest of the world. Please contact us by email for a precise quote.
• CITES: Some items containing Rosewood and Bubinga will require a CITES permit if being shipped outside of the EU. This adds an additional cost of £59 to the shipping charge. Please email for further information if you think an item you are considering contains wood that requires a certificate.